Monday, August 24, 2026

A Fan Flower Finish!

It's a finish!
Fan Flowers
55 x 70


I started making blocks in December 2023. It is one of those free patterns meant to be used with a fabric collection so it was kind of confusing to follow. I finally labeled each of my fabrics with a number to correspond to the number of the fabric used in the pattern and I had a much easier time. 


This month I started big stitch hand quilting with perle cotton #8 in a variety of colors. I don't usually get anything hand quilted in the hot summer months. This year I bought a portable room air conditioner and so we had cool air in the living room. 



And this is what is on back.

And sew on...





3 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

Absolutely stunning! And your method of using the numbers to ID your fabric was smart.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That is a gorgeous finish, Cathy! I love the colors and the layout, with full and partial flowers alternating. Your portable air conditioner sounds handy! We're going to need to get something like that, too, with the way the summers have been here.

Anonymous said...

Very very nice,great job as always love the colors