Saturday, July 25, 2026

Using Some Aqua, Turquoise, Teal, Blue-Green Scraps


Aqua, etc. is the Rainbow Scrap Challenge (RSC) color of the month. 

This week while playing with aqua, etc. scraps I added another round to my BIG Potato Chip. It is now 27.5 inches square. 

Buckeye Beauties
6 inch

I have been making these blocks for maybe a couple of years with whatever scraps I have in the RSC color of the month.   After I made these with aqua scraps I noticed I only needed a few more blocks to reach my goal of 108 blocks so...

...I made more blocks and met my goal. 108 blocks will make for a quilt layout of 9 x 12 blocks of 54 x 72 inches.   I happened to have some orange/black and pink/black little Four Patches made when those were the RSC colors this year. I just never got around to making the HSTs for the blocks. 

I don't think I'm going to assemble the top this month so I'll put the block set in my Some Assembly Required (SAR) bin. 

Streak of Lightning 
9 inch finished
A and B blocks

Courthouse Steps
7.5 inch finished

Uneven Nine Patches
7 inch finished

And sew on...

***
John had his PET-C stress test yesterday afternoon. Hopefully the results will see him fit to have his mandibulectomy surgery next month.     My stress test involved the drive into unfamiliar territory over the river and through a detour to the cardiovascular facility branch in Illinois.  

I guess the pre-surgery evaluation team is concerned that the echocardiogram they ordered showed moderate aortic valve stenosis. The reason they ordered the echocardiogram was because they were concerned about the atrial fibrillation episode he had during his April hospital stay. 

***
Oh joy! 

I received a box with a beautiful bouquet of floral fabrics from Julie. I'm not sure how she could part with those! John loved looking at each piece too. 

And Sandi sent me a box of goodies too. All kinds of things from backings to batting pieces to scraps and even some roses were in there. 

I am very thankful. And my spirit has been lifted!

***
I finished the last three books (17-19) of the David Wolf mystery thriller series by Jeff Carson - Echoes Fade, Silent Country and Windburn.  

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

those are all such pretty colors that you have there and they all end up so nice together