It's a finish!
Orphan Delilah
42 x 56
Top was made in August 2025. I framed 12 inch finished orphan blocks received from others with black and white fabrics. I quilted it on my Brother sewing machine with swirls. I bound it with a black and white stripe.
I was thinking I was going to back the quilt with black and white stripe I used for the binding. I wound bobbins and threaded my machine with a light gray thread then went off to pin baste the quilt. When I went to pin baste the b/w stripe fabric I had prepared (and thought I measured before I ironed it) was not quite wide enough. Darn it! Well, I had this red fabric prepared for another quilt so used it instead of the b/w stripe. So....I am so darned mad at myself that with the change of backing I did not change the bobbin thread to red. So the backing clearly shows every place where my old fingers slipped, paused or went off course while quilting- a bumpy ride. I guess since it is a child's comfort quilt I could always include a little toy car and say the back is a maze, a road for a car.
And sew on...
***
And these old fingers had to once again replace John's G-tube yesterday.
***
I'm glad to report that the portable air conditioner I installed is keeping the dining and living room cool! What took me so long?
1 comment:
The quilting looks okay from here! And I wonder if the stripe, being so narrow, might have been too much for a back? It looks great as binding at least and the red is nice. My hubby put central air in here a few years back, to my dismay, but let me tell you I'm glad he did it now! Isn't it amazing what we put up with before air conditioning?!
Post a Comment