Tuesday, July 28, 2026

Snowballs - A Complete Block Set


I've been trying to empty a box of 3.5 inch width scraps and squares. One of my old Rainbow Scrap Challenge (RSC) projects has been Nine Patches of Snowballs I will alternate Nine Patch Snowballs with dark corners and Nine Path Snowballs with light corners in the final layout. My goal has been 24 blocks with light corners and 24 blocks with dark corners. I needed 11 more blocks with dark corners in order to meet my goal. So I made them and now I have a complete block set ready for assembly. 

And sew on...

***
John's mandibulectomy surgery was scheduled for August 5. Darn it all...they called today to reschedule to September 1 because Dr. is not available on August 5. Well then why did his surgery get scheduled months ago for August 5?  Now that sets everything back. After surgery he was supposed to get a heart monitor for 30 days because his echocardiogram showed moderate aortic valve stenosis.  If we had known his surgery was not until Sep. he could be wearing the heart monitor now for 30 days. Now I just have to help him stay well enough for surgery for another month.  Waiting...waiting...waiting...

I am also kind of upset because I put some gardening plans on hold. I wanted to start a lot of perennials last month so I would have them ready for planting out in September. With repotting and hardening off as part of the process I didn't figure his August surgery would allow me to sow all the perennials I wanted to and be successful. 

Well, I guess I will look on the bright side...at least he passed the presurgical evaluation and tests and is eligible for the surgery. 

 

No comments: