It's a finish!
Orphan Elroy
42 x 42
It started with these four orphan blocks someone gave me. The fancy blocks never seemed to go with any of the other orphan blocks I was given so one day in August 2025 I finally decided to use them as the center of a small medallion quilt.
I'm never good at thinking of what to add for borders on medallion quilts. Nine Patches are pretty easy! I used a constant orange fabric and different green scraps to make them. I wanted to alternate green and orange corner Nine Patches; however, I did not have enough of the orange fabric to do that. As it is I think I had to penny piece some orange fabric to have enough squares for the Nine Patches all with green corners.
I quilted it on my sewing machine using the points in the center blocks as a guide. I also stitched in the ditch around the green striped border.
And I happened to have a backing fabric in about the same colors as the center medallion blocks. I used the same fabric for binding. I thought when I made the top last year I made binding for this top with the same green stripe used in the top; however, I looked in the binding box and it is not there so I guess I used it on a different quilt. So thankfully I had enough of the backing fabric to make the binding.
And sew on...
1 comment:
Oh it’s so beautiful! I’ll have to keep this in mind for those blocks that don’t really go with anything else.
Post a Comment