It's a finish!
Orphan Gabriel
54 x 78
I think only three of the blocks were made by me. The rest were given to me over the years by many different folks.
For this orphan block quilt I made Quarter Square Triangles (QSTs) for the alternate block. I had a lot of yardage of the lighter green and combined that with lots of different darker green scraps to make the QSTs.
I quilted it on my sewing machine with diagonal lines.
There's lots of green in this one! The backing is green too. And the binding is same fabric as backing.
And sew on...
4 comments:
Fabulous use of all those orphan blocks. Super job!
Wow! All of those orphan blocks together just sparkle! What an awesome finish!
Such a brilliant idea to bring all those blocks into one design! The colors/values used for the QSTs holds the overall design together with the orphan blocks providing interest over the repetition of QSTs. Great quilt.
Another terrific finish! I love the secondary block that comes forward with your QST choice. (I should have done that on the one I finished Tuesday.) Happy Friday!!
Post a Comment