Monday, September 26, 2022

Limes and Oranges




Anvil Blocks
in limes and oranges
8 inch finished

I now have 80 blocks - 40 with orange backgrounds and 40 with lime backgrounds. 

I started making these blocks in response to the AdHoc Improv Utility Quilt color palette challenge.  
I challenged myself to make a quilt I like with colors I don't particularly like. Why orange and lime?
I watched an episode of Gardener's World. In one segment Arit Anderson was the presenter in a large topiary garden (large garden and large topiaries). She had on an orange and lime green outfit (do people still wear outfits?) and I found the combination of colors striking. Although I like most colors those are the two colors I would have to say I would list last as colors I use or would ever wear. But those colors together said "wow" to me. 

Now there's some assembly required.  Then I'll have to listen and see if I hear a "wow" from a lime and orange quilt. 

And sew on...

 

9 comments:

Linda said...

Looking forward to seeing what the finished flimsies look like.

Astrid Reflux said...

I love this color combo - it's like sherbet to me. Can't wait to see the assembly!

Nann said...

Well, I'll declare WOW! An advantage to quilting over garment sewing is that we can use colors and prints that would not flatter our faces or our figures.

Linda Swanekamp said...

It was a dark, cloudy, rainy today today and your blocks really brighten it! I can see they have their place although the colors may not be your favorite. As a quilt, it works real well. I wouldn't want to wear those colors, but a quilt is the ticket!

Mystic Quilter said...

You have beautiful sunny day fabrics in these blocks, the finished quilt is going to shout Summer!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I think it is going to be pretty.

Tracey said...

It’s already a WOW!!! Can’t wait to see this put together. So bright and fun. Not colors I would ever wear… perfect in a quilt!

Ann said...

What a glorious combination of colors. Totally unexpected. I'm glad to see you press on with these.

maggie fellow said...

the color choice is very nice - I wouldn't have thought about that combo