Saturday, July 23, 2022

Purple Scraps Part II

Overlapped Nine Patch
7.5 inch blocks
Instructions may be found at Klein Meisje Quilts

Purple is the Rainbow Scrap Challenge (RSC) color for July.   For these blocks I combined purple scraps with a solid. 
Dalarna 
6 inch blocks
Another block combining purple scraps with solids. 

A quilt called Dalarna can be found in an issue of Quiltmania (Issue 68, 2008, #4) and was made by Mariet Soethout-Mous.  Her quilt was inspired by a child's quilt found in Asa Wettre's book Old Swedish Quilts. Now I've been inspired by Mariet's Dalarna to make my own version of an Old Swedish Quilt. 


Zip
6 x 9

More purple scraps and solids. 
Again, block instructions can be found at Klein Meisje Quilts

On the left are Indian Hatchet blocks that finish at 4 inches. The corners are all purple.  Then I have some Broken Dishes blocks that finish at 3 inches and some HSTs that finish at 3 inches.  These are made from extra pieces that result from cutting for Dalarna blocks. 

And finally I have some QST Four Patches that finish at 6 inches. When I have enough these will be an alternate block for some Four Patches. 


 

14 comments:

Julierose said...

Overlapped 9-patch is new to me; I had to look at it twice to see the pattern repeat--very neat one!! Your purples are really going well nice works
hugs for a great weekend Julierose

Ivani said...

So many beautiful purple scraps used this week, you made beautiful blocks.

scraphappy said...

I have never seen the overlapped nine patch pattern before, but I really like it. I might have to try that for my 2 inch squares project next year. It would work great with leaders and enders.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those overlapping 9 patches are really neat - thanks for the link to the directions on Lynn's blog. Took me a bit to understand what I was seeing!

Cathy said...

So many fun blocks! I love those that Lynn at Klein Meisje Quilts come up with. As always, you are so productive!

Linda said...

What a great collection of purple locks.

gayle said...

You always have the best scraps and the best ways to use them! So much inspiration!

Jenny said...

It's a purple explosion in your sewing room!

Maggie said...

Wow! A wonderful collection of beautiful blocks.

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Oh my, so many fun fabrics to admire here!!! And you've got quite a variety of blocks to display them in, too!!! Awesome!

Sharon Kwilter said...

Your purple blocks are turning out great!

Mystic Quilter said...

Love your purples! Short comment due to my shoulder problem, not much writing going on here!

Nann said...

Another splendid assortment, Cathy. I just knew you'd like Dalama!

Grams Jean said...

You are just sew busy! All I did was finally clean out a corner of the living room!