Monday, July 25, 2022

Jacob's Ladder

Jacob's Ladder
It's a top!
45 x 63


I've had the blocks webbed together since January when I was working on brown scrap reduction.  Finally I now have it all sewn together. It will be a donation quilt when finished. 

I think I put a couple of leftover blocks in the orphanage. If so I think I will replace that block with the busy background. It just doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the backgrounds. If I don't have any extra blocks in the orphanage then I guess the busy background block will stay. 


And sew on...

 

10 comments:

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

What a nice quilt top! It has two things I love--the Jacob's Ladder block and scrappy brown fabrics. A wonderful donation top to be sure.

Julierose said...

I love that pattern--and you made a lovely one...nice work hugs, Julierose

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's such a great block! I love the design you've created with all of them pointing the same direction like that. Pretty colors, too. Someone will really love that quilt!

Linda Swanekamp said...

It looks very soothing. The shades of brown work well and are not dull or muddy. Nice finish!

Astrid Reflux said...

really cool, Cathy - I really like how you organized (or plucked from the pile??) the shades of brown, or I guess it's the values of brown you have there. Cool ombre effect!

Linda said...

Lovely use of your brown scraps, Cathy. I can see what you mean about the one busier looking block. Hope you manage to find a replacement in your Orphanage.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Really like this one - hope the busy block goes to the orphanage so you feel happier with the top.

Nann said...

I think the busy background adds a cool focal point.

gayle said...

Your busy background block is what my grandmother would have called a "screamer" - she said every quilt should have a screamer, even if it was just one weird color poking its nose into the quilt.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

This is a really cool one - I love all the browns together