I recently received a gallon bag of 1.5 inch strips in a variety of lengths.
I wanted to process them right away since I have slowly been trying to empty my 1.5 inch scrap bin and it is actually almost empty except for browns and blacks. So I put the browns and blacks from the gallon bag into my scrap bin and I pulled out the few colored scraps left in the scrap bin and went to
With the longest pieces I made some 5 inch (finished) Framed Nine Patches. The other day I was musing as to how to set them and I received a nice comment with an excellent suggestion so I'm going to try that and keep on making these.
Then I made some 5 inch (finished) Rails. I should count how many I have now because I've been making these for awhile. Maybe they will turn into some Diagonal Bars Blocks.
Then I cut 1.5 x 2.5 pieces and made some 6 inch (finished) 18 Patches. Maybe I should count these also. When I make these blocks I try to alternate light and darks of the same color in each block.
Then I made some 3 inch (finished) Nine Patches in two colors or two shades for use in my Framed Stars and Path and Stiles. Even though I have a bin of these little Nine Patches I don't have many in two colors.
Then I cut more 1.5 x 2.5 pieces (bundles of 10) for Lynn's (Klein Meisje Quilts) version of a Lego quilt. I've been wanting to make a Lego Quilt for ages and this method just makes the most sense to me. This box is small so when I see I have 8 bundles I will make a block.
Then I cut some postage stamps (1.5 inch squares).
Then I made a Lego Block that looks a little crooked. I guess I will revisit those last three rows. (Maybe someone doesn't cut accurately.) I made this block before I took the Lego Box photo so it looks like I'm already due to make another.