I've been sewing along on Alycia's Mystery Quilt called Dakota Inspired. (Alycia also has a group list called Mystery Quilts for Military where the clues for the mystery are released each week. ) And now I have finished the mystery and know the ending. It has a happy ending as you can see.
I have really dwindled down my patriotic print fabrics in the past couple of years. For reds I had a little bit left of two different star prints. So I added three different red paisley fabrics and a red tone on tone (TOT) to the mix.
For the medium blue I had a piece of batik with black and white bits and and a kind of batik looking variegated blue print with red stars that went pretty well together.
Fabric amount requirements were given at the beginning of the mystery but I never know how big the pieces will be cut so I just gather up a pile of fabric odds and ends and hope I have enough. I had almost enough of the white background with stars but had to supplement with a bit of white with red and blue stars.
When it came to the dark blue side setting triangles I could not get a big enough cut from any of my original fabric picks but I ended up making do with a few others.
I love a good mystery!