I've been making weekly goals to move a couple of different UFOs forward. Both of them are Birds in the Air blocks but the quilts will look entirely different.
This week I got the top of this version assembled. It measures 60 x 60. But now I need to make some different birds - Flying Geese - for the borders. They will be white with blue corners.
Birds in the Air, Flying Geese . Finally I have a name for the quilt. White Bird. Remember the old song White Bird? It was recorded in 1969 when I was 17 years old by It's a Beautiful Day.
My goal for next week is to get a few Flying Geese made for the borders.
I finished all the half Bird in the Air blocks from hand dyed scraps for this other version. I needed 8 green and...
...3 red/orange. And now I can finish assembling this top. Hopefully I'll have that done next week. I have most of the navy blue fabric pieces cut and the center medallion made.
I'm naming this one Old Birds. It's an old UFO based on an old/vintage quilt made by an old bird.
And now at this point my reward is that I can now make a few Birds in the Air blocks from my pansy themed fabrics. That's what started all this in case you didn't know.
The ending hasn't been written yet so not sure how many chapters there will be.