In order to move a couple of old Birds in the Air UFOs forward I was going to try to work on them a little bit each week and post progress on Monday. (It helps me to have some small goals). I had to go out of town unexpectedly and just got back so missed my Monday "moving forward" post so today is the day for the next chapter instead.
In Chapter I I started a new Birds in the Air quilt using my Pansy themed fabrics and felt guilty because I had two different UFOs with Birds in the Air blocks.
In Chapter II I had moved forward by making what I thought was enough six inch blocks but decided I needed more. I also moved forward on the second Birds in the Air. I made more blocks and built the quilt center.
In this chapter I made all of the blue/violet hand dyed fabric (half ) blocks I needed for the navy background birds (above) so I could use the rest of those scraps to make more...
...six inch Birds in the Air.
Then I dug into my 2.5 inch scrap box and the Batik box to find fabrics to make 11 more.
Now I can start assembling the white background Birds in the Air blocks.
For the navy background Birds in the Air I need to make more green blocks and a few more red blocks and I'll have all the blocks I need to assemble that one.
After all my blocks for these two quilts are made I will reward myself with a few Pansy themed Birds in the Air blocks.