It's time to declare goals for Quarter Four of the 2017 Finish-Along.
I did complete 8 goals last quarter.
1. String Stars (aka More Than 3 Sheets to the Wind)
Made from string scraps. Most were strings from quilt backings which were sheets.
I need to do some big stitch hand quilting on this. Maybe I need to find a backing too?
2. Burgoyne Surrounded
I'm thinking I will machine quilt this - maybe with matchstick quilting.
3. Floribunda - It's already pin basted and needs some machine quilting on my DSM.
4. Over the Rainbow - Needs some big stitch quilting in rainbow colors
5. Rosebuds - Another big one that I'm going to try quilting on my DSM (but I'm scared to tackle).
6. Churns and Spools - Needs to be quilted. Another for the DSM? Need to find backing too.
7. Basket Weaving - Gwennie Inspired Medallion Quilt Along. I need to piece the backing and will probably hand quilt.
8. PREPARE - I need to see if I have enough of the backing fabric I've been saving for this for years and then get it quilted. I'm thinking hand quilting.
9. Old MacDonald Farm Sampler. Backing is pieced. I need to pin baste and do some hand quilting.
10 - 11 I have two of these ABC I Spy baby quilts left to finish. My Grand nephew Silas was just born and needs his!
12. Really, really, really, really old mystery sampler that is still on the list.
13. Wandering Geese - just need to make a few more, make a top, piece a backing and machine quilt it.
14. Make a couple of potholders to go with the dishtowels I embroidered and dish cloths I crocheted. I'll probably make several more sets because I give these for Christmas gifts.
15. I really need a new purse. I've been making that a goal off and on for several quarters but I REALLY need a new purse. The last one I made and have been using for years is so worn out I can't use it anymore.
I'm hoping to get a lot finished this quarter since I won't have any gardening to do and I've been retired since March so don't have anywhere to go this winter. I can just hunker down and sew (and bake, spend some time organizing genealogy files, work on scrapbooks, read used books I've accumulated and dream of next year's gardens).