Sunday, April 17, 2016

It's Not All Just Non Stop Quilting Around Here


I finished crocheting "Pixie Hood" for one of my granddaughters.  I recently found out she has a fascination for hats so I've started making some for her for Christmas.   I made this with a yarn I've never used before - reflective yarn. Those white splotches reflect light and there's kind of a glow in the dark effect. What fun.  And woe is me... I had to try and try again in order to get that front section of the hood right. Those were some new-to-me stitches. 


When I showed the granddaughters this book this is the one I expected Isabelle to pick as a favorite and she did. A "Pixie Hoood" is totally Isabelle. At age 11 she dresses in a rather Bohemian (artsy-fartsy) way.  And I think that's a good thing. She already has her own style and is not preoccupied with brand names. 


And since I've finished this pixie hood I'm going to start another hat today.
 I work a few rounds of crochet...

... when I take a break from working out in the gardens.  

I guess crochet stitches are hand stitches (no machines involved in this process- just some old fogey hands and a crochet hook and yarn) so I'm linking up today with 


and Monday I'm linking with: 


4 comments:

Ann said...

What an adorable cap for your granddaughter. Congratulations on a beautiful finish.

Vic in NH said...

So many lovely things to admire in this post, especially that cool garden gnome! The purple cap should be on him for the model? LOL! "Hat's right; head's all wrong!"-Monty Python's Flying Circus.

Quilter Kathy said...

Finally getting around to visiting the Slow Sunday Stitching links...
what a fabulous gift for an artsy type who likes hats!

Stacey @slostudio said...

Very nice!! Thanks so much for linking up with the Finish-A-Long, on behalf of all of the hosts :)