Sunday, January 24, 2010

Bees, Butterflies, Beetles


I am in a Round Robin at CQI (Crazy Quilt International) group. With this group we are to embellish blocks by adding bees, butterflies and beetles. My bees are worked in french knots. Some butterflies are hiding amongst flowers on the ribbon I used.

This is my first attempt at stumpwork. The beetle's wings are wired. This strained the eyesight as well as the fingers which don't do well with teeny-tiny. But I do like how the lady turned out.

And finally, we have the tatted butterflies as well as the seam treatment of chain stitch and beads that are supposed to look like butterflies!

I like the RRs because they force me to try new things I wouldn't try on my own blocks (because I'm lazy if I am working on my own blocks).

No comments: