Saturday, October 18, 2014

Black, Brown, Gray Scraps


We are supposed to use up our black, brown and gray scraps this month as part of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. 

Last month the color was orange and I started on an RSC project for next year- Dresdens.  I decided I would use any gray background but was undecided about the centers.  I decided any dotty fabric will do surrounded by gray medium sized rick rack. I love rick rack. 


I made 3 more vintage butterfly blocks (Beggar Blocks) and a few spares for the border.  I think I will have to continue this project into next years RSC. These are 9 inch blocks and I want enough for a full/queen sized quilt similar to the one I saw at Nostalgic Cafe. 


 
I also made a few 6 inch Twinkler blocks. 

Got Scraps? 
Use them.
Then link up each ScrapHappy Saturday. 

The Grandkids are here so we will make Halloween cookies, play some card or board games and probably make another cooperative effort to try to solve a Nancy Drew mystery (computer game).  
  

14 comments:

scraphappy said...

Beautiful butterflies. Love the rick-rack on your Dresden's too -- gives it a nice dimensional feel.

Katie Z. said...

The dresdens are fabulous, and your other blocks are great too!

Nell's Quilts said...

That touch of rick rack makes a definite statement on your Dresden plates. Cute little butterflies and stars.

Kate said...

Love the Dresden Plate blocks, that orange one really sparkles!

Quilter Kathy said...

WOnderful scraps... especially in the twinkler blocks :)

Angie said...

Cute idea for Dresdens - I will enjoy watching them unfold over the next year!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

You have such fun and amazing fabrics... I want to go shopping with you!! Great projects!

Quiltdivajulie said...

The dresdens are wonderful and I agree that the rick rack makes a big impact. They're my favorites in this post!

Marly said...

Lovely fabrics; your Dresdens are very pretty.

sophie said...

Love the Dresden blocks with rick-rack .. and all those butterfly blocks and twinklers! What great quilts you are going to make from these.

Sue said...

Love all those scrappy creations, especially the dresden plates!

Mystic Quilter said...

What a great collection of scrappy blocks -love the grey dresden.

Deb A said...

Pretty dresdens. That will be a fun project for next year. Great job using your scraps and enjoy that mystery.

Patricia said...

You'e been busy. They are looking good.