Friday, June 18, 2021

Tales From The Scrap Yard: #9 - Double Wrench


Double Wrench
It's a flimsy!
40 x 60



Back on March 24 I received several bags of scraps and I decided to document  with "Tales From The Scrap Yard" how many donation quilts I could make from those scraps. I've been trying to make the quilts all different.  I sorted the scraps into different bins and boxes and this is the first quilt to come out of the brown scraps. I will probably be able to make one more small brown quilt from the remaining scraps. 

This is quilt top #9 and when finished will probably be donated to Quilts Beyond Borders. 

I've been blogging about all that I make from the March 24 gifted scraps (aka Candra scraps) in Tales of the Scrap Yard.

As seen previously on Tales from the Scrap Yard



 

9 comments:

gayle said...

So those bags of scraps you were given were actually bags of quilts with some assembly required...

Nann said...

Another great bold graphic design. I like the pink and orange tones in the browns. (Fat Quarter Shop's morning email advertises a new fabric like called Smoke and Rust, e.g. grays and rusty oranges. Yes, I get the emails, take a look, and press delete.)

Linda said...

You are always so amazingly creative with scraps but I think you are surpassing yourself with your Tales from the Scrapyard series of quilts. I would love to have been with you when you opened this treasure trove of scraps and sorted them and seen your process of picking out patterns for various bundles of scraps.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That one's a great idea, Cathy! I like the pinks mixed in, too. I've been enjoying your Tales from the Scrapyard series!

Jenny said...

Number 9, are you doing well!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Those must have been some big bags of scraps - nine quilts and you're still going strong. WELL DONE.

The Joyful Quilter said...

It's SEW incredible that you are on Quilt #9 from the Candra scraps. Way to go, Cathy!!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

This is awesome!!!

Pamela Arbour said...

Oh I love all of your quilts! I especially like earthtones, so these browns are gorgeous to me!