Monday, August 24, 2020

Before I Forget

I saw a Confetti quilt someone made. I am always on the lookout for patterns for the wide array of novelty fabrics I seem to have collected over the years and never know how to use in anything but my usual Happy Blocks. 

I was in the mood for something new, something easy, something fun, something that would use novelties.  So before I forgot about Confetti I thought I would try a few blocks. with some small critter prints. 

I didn't really didn't like the Confetti blocks all that much after I made a few. And I made the one with the dogs in the lower right incorrectly. 


Confetti is a free pattern from Timeless Treasures. Each block is really is a set of four of the classic H blocks made all in the same fabrics. 



Well, maybe if I just made six inch (finished) H blocks...
So I folded up the sets of four and laid them out to see what that might look like. 
Well, maybe...



So I took apart the dog block that was made incorrectly and made a few more blocks with different prints.  Ok. I think I like that better. So, Animal Crackers is now in the works. 


And I saw Cynthia making Ice Cream blocks awhile ago and I commented back then that I should make some but I never did and then I saw her finished quilt and remembered that I forgot to make some. So before I forgot again I set about making a few test blocks.  Ok. That will do. Then yesterday I had a lot of fun picking out fabrics to use for the ice cream and before I knew it I had 24 scoops of ice cream made. Now I just have to put the scoops in the cones and make some alternate blocks and I'll have a cool quilt. 

 

8 comments:

Nann said...

The confetti blocks might be more interesting if they had HSTs instead of squares....

gayle said...

Well, I'm pretty sure the animals would prefer crackers to confetti, so good call! That's going to be another fun quilt!
I suspect the ice cream quilt will be a lot of fun, too!
(I'm sensing a theme here...)

Linda said...

Fancy you having a fabric stashed away which just happened to have ice creams on it! Well, you would, wouldn’t you?,

Julie in GA said...

What a great idea to try out a pattern by making a few sample blocks! You not only make sure you like the way they look, but you also find out if you enjoy making them. I do prefer your single H blocks to the original version.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Animal Crackers?! What a great name for your reimagined quilt plan, Cathy!!

Emily said...

Love those ice cream cones!!! So cute!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Love the ice cream cones - the Confetti design not so much. Need to go see about that ice cream design for my DIL who ADORES ice cream.

Cathy said...

I love the H-Crackers!! What a great way to use up scraps (I don’t have any real novelty fabrics...)