It's a flimsy!
62 x 83
Sets of four sashed until they could be sashed no more.
It all started with some 4.5 inch squares I received last year in some boxes of scrappy goodness from Nice Nancy. I decided I would work toward a twin sized donation quilt. I started out by sashing sets of four squares with a solid brown or blue. I ended up with 24 nine inch (finished) blocks. Hmmm....what next? I have a box of shirt parts so cut enough 4.5 inch squares to make 24 more blocks. So, forty-eight blocks would not quite be enough for a nice twin sized quilt so hmmmm...what next?
I added some sugar and spice and sashed sets of four blocks with a 2 inch floral. A lot of my grandma's quilts were made of old shirts and dresses so I guess the idea was grandma inspired. I made little four patches for the corner stones out of the leftovers from the first sashing. Blocks then measured 20 inches (finished) and I had twelve of them. With a layout of 3 x 4 that would be a quilt 60 x 80- a nice size but still a bit smaller than I wanted.
Then, those sets of four blocks were sashed with a 1.5 inch brown or blue solid. Blocks were getting bigger and I had two full blocks that were 41 inches square and two half blocks 41 x 20.
And finally I sashed those sets of four blocks with a 1 inch floral sashing and magically the top was all together.
And finally I sashed those sets of four blocks with a 1 inch floral sashing and magically I had a top. Good thing because I really don't like sashing a quilt but this was kind of fun. Each of the original squares has some type of sashing around it and I enjoyed the process.