Saturday, September 22, 2018

From the 4.5 Inch Scrap Box

 Last year I depleted a lot of the 4.5 inch scraps but I still have a few in the scrap box.  Last month I decided to make some sixteen inch Fractured Rail blocks.  I am making them in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge color of the month plus its complement. I really didn't want to use white as a complement for black so used gray instead. 
Last month I also started making HRTs from 4.5 inch scraps.  I had a lot more black scraps than dark blue.  And that's okay.  I just go with the flow of the scraps. 

8 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

HRT blocks can make a pretty interesting quilt top - I made one and have another one deep in the recesses of the brain waiting its turn in the daylight.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

I love your Fractured Rail blocks! Very fun blocks, and these colors are working very well together.

Janie said...

Yes, your Fractured Rail blocks are lively.
I like HRTs for borders.
And I always get lots of inspiration here, thanks, Cathy.

mangozz said...

I really like your Fractured Rails. Is there a pattern or special template for that design? I think I've seen them before on Pinterest. Your HRTs are cute too. I wonder if they could be made with the Tri Recs Ruler?

Louise said...

Scrap flow, it's a Zen thing :) Good looking blocks, all around!

Cathy said...

Those fractured rail blocks are right up my alley! It’s probably what my blocks would look like if I tried HRTs!!! Lots of cute fabrics in there.

O'Quilts said...

I just love it all

grammajudyb said...

You always provide so much inspiration! Fractured rail blocks are new to me! Way cool!