Sunday, September 9, 2018

Embroidered Tablecloth Finish

 Embroidered Tablecloth
45 inch square

This was a nice easy project to pick up and put down this summer when the days were too hot to do too much of anything.  It was a stamped embroidery I picked up from the thrift store a few years ago.  I was going to use it as a quilt back but now I'm thinking I might use it as a table topper and make some napkins to go with it.  I have some turquoise gingham in the stash with 1/4 inch squares. 

I followed the simple instructions that came with it - two strands of black embroidery thread, chain stitch and back stitch where indicated.   Not bad for 95 cents. 

I still have a few other thrift store embroidery projects to work on as the urge strikes but since it is getting a little cooler I've finally got another quilt in the hoop that I can work on for a little bit each evening after dinner. 

17 comments:

Deb said...

I love your tablecloth what a great thrifty find, your stitching is lovely.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Definitely a great project for 95 cents! It looks like it was really enjoyable to stitch on.

Linda said...

Very pretty. A good Thrift shop find.

Gretchen Weaver said...

Your tablecloth is so pretty., very nice project for the summer.

Quilting Babcia said...

So pretty, and I can envision it on a shady porch table with a big vase of zinnias or sunflowers.

Sarah said...

How lovely and what a bargain!

Nann said...

Someone's UFO (or UnStarted Object) is your new finish! And a fine one it is. And how nifty that the instructions were intact.

Denise :) said...

Hey hey, this is a fabulous finish!! I love the idea of using it for a table and making matching hand linens! :)

Janie said...

Congratulations on a beautiful finish.
Embroidery on gingham, classic and lovely.

Pamela Arbour said...

I am still fascinated with how much you accomplish. It turned out beautiful. Napkins would be a nice touch.

Quilter Kathy said...

That is a great deal for 95 cents! And the perfect summer project to work on... lovely!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Beautiful! I agree keeping it for a tablecloth is a great idea :)

Ann said...

I remember working on gingham placemats with my grandmother. Your tablecloth is lovely. Yes, make some napkins to go with it.

Cherie in St Louis said...

Your stitching is lovely. I would use it and admire the lovely result :)

Emily said...

I love this as a tablecloth! Very pretty! You could go gingham napkins of any color and they would look great. Great 95 cent find!

stitchingirlblog.wordpress.com said...

Your table top cover is really nice. Making napkins to match would really complete the set.

Little Penpen said...

Oh my goodness! This is so beautiful!!!!