Saturday, October 24, 2015

Blogger's Quilt Festival: Scrappy


Petunias
72 x 90

It was made from scraps leftover from...

...this Pickle Dish quilt I made for my granddaughter's hope chest. 
(She's only 10 and she's a pink lover!) 


The pattern was a free one from Anna Maria Horner called Spinning Stars. (I'd give the link to it but it seems to now redirect to her shop and I can't find the pattern there). 


I hand quilted it with regular quilting thread. 


I quilted alternate wedges with vertical and horizontal straight lines. 


I outlined each quarter section of the stars and then one section within that quarter got an extra "once around" 


For the back I pieced together a chevron fabric with similar color scheme. 


And why call it Petunias? Well, the colors and the shape rather reminded me of the Petunias I had on the deck last year. 

I've entered this quilt in the scrappy category at Blogger's Quilt Festival hosted by Amy at Amy's Creative Side.    You'll have to visit.  There's lots to ogle.  And there's lots to oooooh anaaaaawh. 


15 comments:

Julianne said...

I think this is one of my all time favorite quilts of yours, they are all amazing but this one has super duper pink awesome power! LOVE IT!

audrey said...

It's such a beautiful quilt! Love the scrappy punchy pinks!

Katie Cogswell said...

I love your bold color choices and your hand quilting is beautiful! Great job!

greeneggs said...

Wow, I thought the bear paw was amazing, but this baby just glows! The colours really sing. Beautiful. Both this and the pickle dish are stunning.

Vic in NH said...

Wonderfully done and it has all the gaiety of the picture of the petunias that granted it's name!

Teje said...

Hi! This is gorgeus quilt! Looks like I'm pink person, too. Always these colours catch my eye. I love the pickle dish quilt, too! x Teje

Quilting Babcia said...

Your quilt is positively stunning, as is the one made for your granddaughter's hope chest! She's a very lucky young lady.

Julierose said...

Just love the colors that glow in Petunias...really lovely...hugs, Julierose

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Yours is also an ooooooooooh quilt!
Love it, and fun to visit other blogs from BQF!

the zen quilter said...

What a great use of leftover scraps - I love it when I don't waste - it doesn't seem to happen often enough, if I'm honest. Fun piece.

Debbie said...

What awesome scraps. I love what you did with them!

Stephie said...

Great scrap busting! It's lovely the way you got a very different feel quilt using the scraps from your pickle dish too. I think Perunias is the perfect name.

Ann said...

Oh, my. I love the colors and pattern. And that you used all the scraps from a previous quilt rather than stuffing them in the scrap bag. They are too pretty to sit and molder. Beautiful! Congratulations.

beth s said...

this is such a gorgeous quilt. Great job!

CapitolaQuilter said...

the saturated palette is so pretty and that it was made from leftovers even better. Great entry in the festival.