Thursday, December 6, 2012

A Few More Handmade Gifts for Friends and Family



A couple more crocheted dish cloths...


...I added a dishcloth to the collection of gifts I made for my good friend, Marsha, who LOVES purple. I used one of my vintage Black Americana dish towel transfers on a large flour sack dish towel and embroidered it with 3 strands of floss and did a running stitch along the outside edges in perle #8.  (Doesn't the cat look like it has a moustache, not whiskers? That cat is kind of creepy. ) Previously I embroidered other days of the week towels for her. And then I made one of those quick and easy hot pads from 5 - 9 inch squares plus a square of Insulbrite and quilted it with perle #8. ..

 ...and I will gift it to her in this groovy reversible grocery bag...
...and finally, I made two totally groovy coin purses for my lovely 8 year old granddaughters. Little purses to follow in the next few days. Peace, baby!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You really made a lot of Christmas gifts. I should try that this year. I have to start now or I'll never get a thing finished! Love your black embroidered girl, and that cat is a little creepy, you're right!