Saturday, June 2, 2012

Roses are Red, Skies are Gray



A few months ago I saw an hourglass quilt I really loved on the cover of a quilting mag while browsing at a store.  I thought that would be a good block to use for my collection   hoard of roses fabric. I didn't want white as the neutral color so chose some grays from my stash. I have lots more rose fabrics but may have to pick up more grays. 
This will be a lap quilt. Another one for my favorites collection. (I love Cherries/ Hi-Ho Cherrio was the first fav). 

And here I would insert a photo of some of the roses blooming in my garden, but it has been raining off and on all day. 

Roses are red, skies are gray. 
(Actually, some roses are yellow and some white).

Linking up at "Quilting by the River" linky party and "Quilt Story" Fabric Tuesday



4 comments:

Arlene Delloro said...

I love the variety of rose fabrics you've managed to collect. This will be a lovely quilt to dream under.

Wendy said...

Cathy, this is a beautiful rose quilt in the making. I have just started collecting rose fabric for a future quilt for myself.

Bethany (Make Me A Quilt) said...

I really love floral fabrics, this looks like the beginning of a very pretty quilt!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

This will be a beautiful quilt! You know I have very little grey in my stash! Looks perfect! Thanks for sharing!
Quilting at the River Linky Party Tuesday