Thursday, March 23, 2017

The Owls and the Pussycats - No Beautiful Pea-Green Boats


I amused myself today (because it was too cold to work outside) with making 10 inch Sawtooth Stars out of owls and pussycats. 

I seem to have lots of bits and pieces of owl and pussycat scraps so decided they could live together in a few quilts instead of sailing away in a pea-green boat. 

  This is version 1 of the Owls and the Pussycats. 


This version is made from the larger scraps.  Other versions will be made from the other sized scraps. I'm curious as to how many versions of the Owl and the Pussycat quilt there will be.

Stay tuned...
These are all of the blocks I made before I got bored and moved on to something else. 

8 comments:

PaulaB quilts said...

Unless my eyes deceive me, your owls had better find some boats fast because they are about to drown in a sea of peas. Hopefully the pussycats will come to their rescue.

gayle said...

Freakin' adorable!

Janie said...

I love your stories, cheerful.
Great work on your stars too!

Linda said...

What great blocks! You have such an amazing collection of fabrics - I would love to take a peek. Pity I live thousands of miles away! The owls and pussy cats are delightful. Look forward to seeing the block in different sizes.

Louise said...

There may not be boats, but I spy a bit of pea-ish green in those stars! Or maybe it's lime?

The owl and the pussycat took a nap
In a beautiful bright green star.
They stitched up with thread, and snuggled in bed
In four lovely blocks so far.

The Owl looked up to Bernina above,
And sang with no trace of guilt,
"O lovely Pussy, O Pussy, my love,
We make such a whimsical quilt,
a quilt,
a quilt!
We make such a whimsical quilt!"

Julierose said...

Oh lovely blocks--are you going to set them all together despite size differences? I like that black/lime dotted background--there are your "peas" lol hugs, Julierose

Sally Trude said...

Cute idea! And yes, I do think that you will have to stick a few sailboats in among those stars.

Emily said...

I love Louise's poem! You may not have a pea green boat, but how about a runcible spoon?