40 x 58
I made 9 inch wonky log blocks with purple and blue scraps (some given to me for donation quilts) and started each one with red heart centers.
I used some other fabric with hearts for the border.
As you can see there are some unexpected surprises in some of the blocks too.
I quilted each square going back and forth with with scribbly lines in alternate directions (kind of like a basket weave pattern).
I quilted it on my DSM with gray thread. I hope I didn't quilt in any cuss words because my machine kept skipping stitches periodically. There were so many starts and stops and ripped out threads in this darned thing. I think I finally figured out it must be the cross wound spool of thread. When I changed to one that was not so full the quilting seemed to go a little better.
This was the first FMQ I have tried since my sewing machine went in for repair and I did notice that I could not lower the feed dogs because the switch is stuck. I guess I will have to take it back in to repair guy. I actually don't lower the feed dogs when I FMQ so went ahead and kept quilting.
I used scrap batting. I zigzag pieces together until I have a piece big enough for my quilt. The backing was a piece of yardage I picked up from the thrift store a few years ago. And the binding was leftover.
This will be donated to Wrap-A-Smile. Wrap-A-Smile is a partner of Rotaplast International, Inc. an organization committed to helping children and families worldwide by eliminating the burden of cleft lip and/or palate, burn scarring, and other deformities.