Lozenges (aka Suppositories)
76 x 90
That means there are 760 little 2 x 4.5 little lozenges (aka suppositories...more on that later). That also means I sewed on to those lozenges 3040 little 1.5 inch corners.
I started making these in March 2014. Bonnie Hunter was making them that year as a leader/ender project. I'm not a leader/ender kind of girl so I sewed a few up each month as a Rainbow Scrap Challenge project. They were easy to make but rather a pain in the patooty to make because they are so boring. So, I lovingly started referring to them as suppositories. ( I think a sense of humor can get you through anything).
I thought each lozenge was a unique scrap fabric but when I started sewing them together I saw a few duplicates. I guess that happens when you make units over a couple of years.
No design wall here so I just sewed them together as I pulled them out of the light bag then the dark bag. I quilted it with vertical straight lines (using a walking foot) on both sides of the seam allowances on my plain Jane Janome.
For the backing I used a 100% cotton sheet in excellent condition that I found at the thrift store.
I forgot to take a pic specifically of the binding but I used a black and white floral print.
Well, this quilt definitely used a whole lot of scraps so I guess I'll go visit the
And since I moved this all the way forward to the finish line I'm linking up to