Over the weekend I finished another set of 24 I Spy string quilt blocks for the Heartstrings Quilt Project.
And I used some 30s reproduction scraps and started on a spiderweb quilt following a pattern in the book Material Obsession. I'm a little upset that my blocks don't lie flat and some webs don't match up. According to instructions in the book blocks are sewn together on the bias and I think mine are stretched as the foundation fabric is a very light muslin. From other spiderweb quilt tutorials I've seen online 4 triangle blocks are sewn together along the sides of the blocks. Disgusted with my quilt so far, I threw this in a box and will rip and try again later with a stronger foundation fabric and sewing things together differently. I have all 128 scrappy centers finished but I think I just wasted a few unless I want to ripppppit.... Arghhhhh.