Tuesday, May 17, 2011

On Tone on Tone and Following Crazy Tips

This is my work on Ritva's Tone on Tone block. Her instructions stated we could use a little old pink, green and/or black if we wished but to keep it mostly white, cream and light brown. I crocheted 3 pansies - one of 6 strands of embroidery thread, one of size 10 crochet thread and one of size 15. Then added a few silk ribbon pansies and cast-on stitch pansies. Also added various types of roses, some kiko flower stitches, beads, lace and some butterflies done in outline stitch and DMC precious metal thread (can't remember color) which I found easy to handle as far as metallic threads go.

This block I already posted last week as my finished work on Janet's bird block. And then, I was contacted by Gerry K with some bits of advice on how to make the block just a little bit better. That was advice I readily accepted. It was to move the blue organdy flower from the middle of the block to the bunch of flowers at top right. And then to fill in that empty spot with some more raised leaf stitches. Well, the organdy flower got a little crumpled in the move since a few of my gathering stitches were cut in the move; however, I pieced it back together as best I could so it now looks more like the flowers in my garden - not all perfect (and I should have added a few weeds up there with the flowers, but that's another story for another day). And, below is the newly revised block.

No comments: