Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Once Upon a Time

I just recently participated in a "once upon a time" swap where we exchanged 3.5 inch squares of fabrics to be used for a "Once Upon a Time Quilt".   Check the link to the book "Modern Quilts" to see what it is all about. Basically, it is a quilt with pictures with links/paths to follow. Follow a path and add the next picture on the path to the story. I'm making the quilt for the camper. I think the grandkids (ages 6, 6 and 2) will enjoy the game. Below are some of the pictures I cut for myself. I took the pic before I received the swapped squares. The size quilt I'm making takes 96 little pictures. I've started sewing on it and am actually having fun making up a few stories of my own. My grandkids already make up stories and they love scary ones so I threw in a few skeletons, eyeballs, spiders and witches.
The fabric I will use for the backing will be good for story telling too. I've had this fabric for quite a while. I bought it online and on sale and think this is just the right project to use it on. They look like the monsters from "Where the Wild Things Are".  Hope the GDs won't have nightmares sleeping with this thing when it is finished! Our camper beds aren't that big.

No comments: