Friday, May 20, 2022

Puss In The Corner. It's A Flimsy!

Puss In The Corner (aka Uneven Nine Patch)
It's a top!
42 x 60

In 2021 one of my Rainbow Scrap Challenge (RSC) projects was six inch Puss In The Corner blocks with dark corners. In March I finished up one quilt top I made with the blocks and found I had enough blocks left over for half a quilt. 

So I decided to make enough blocks for another top. This time I made the Puss In The Corner blocks with light corners to alternate with the dark corners. 

And now I have another Puss In The Corner top. And since I must not know how to count correctly I have two blocks for the orphan block box (orphanage). 

And sew on...


 

12 comments:

Elizabeth V Kelbaugh said...

Wonderful happy bright blocks for your quilt top. Great job.

cityquilter grace said...

and a pretty one too!

Gretchen Weaver said...

Your quilt is lovely, I really like the dark/light corners. I'll have to remember that idea since puss in the corner blocks are so easy to make. Just so you know, you're not the only one who can't count. That happens to me all the time, happy stitching!

grammajudyb said...

I like the alternating blocks! Yours is the only blog I can comment on from my iPad. Just sayin”. All the others I will have to do from my laptop! So frustrating! Glad to be able to give you a “kudo”! Have a good weekend’

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

What a fun happy quilt !!!!
I really like how you used that block and a great variety of colors!

Linda said...

A very pretty quilt.

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

I love how you did the positive/negative sewing so that the four corners created a fun four patch! Secondary patterns are so cool!

MissPat said...

This has a very springtime feel to it (even though the temperatures have zoomed right into mid-summer).
Pat

gayle said...

It's amazing how complex a pattern you can end up with using such a simple block, isn't it?
(And I love that "blah blah blah" center!)

viridian said...

Hello from Viridian from Stashbusters. What a great looking top.

Anonymous said...

Lots of fun scraps to look at as these are quilted

Jenny said...

Lovely, I really like the light and dark corner blocks together. Such a si ple idea, but i wasnt clever enough to think of it!