Thursday, May 19, 2022

It's A Jungle Out There!

I finished another small top! 
40 x 40

I'm continuing to work with these "not-quite-a-panel" pieces someone gave me a few years ago. I'll just call them center pieces. Maybe they are border prints or something. It doesn't make any difference what they are I'm making them into little quilts for donation. 

First I added that striped border around in order to make it square. The center piece was rather strange dimensions. Then I have a little drawer of 4, 4.5, 6.5 inch novelty squares swapped over the years ages ago. I looked for jungle type prints. Then I found some fabric for frames that were in the colors of the center made some six inch Happy Blocks. 


I didn't have quite enough 4.5 inch squares for Happy Blocks so I made the corner blocks a little different - 6.5 inch centers and 1.5 inch sides. 

I found another jungle print piece and with the left over stripe fabric I used in the border I think I may have enough to piece a back and make binding. So I'll keep these with the quilt top so I don't forget when it comes time to do the quilting. 

And on to the next center piece. 

And sew it goes...

 

3 comments:

Elle said...

Another super cute quilt!!!!

Linda said...

Isn’t it great when you can use those odd pieces as a centre and create a fun quilt around it? Such a lot of interesting things for a child to look at and enjoy. Definitely unique! Looking forward to your next creation.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Well done, Cathy! Cute quilt top.