81 x 87
783 - 3 inch spools
Right now it is just a top
This was a Rainbow Scrap Challenge project so I made a few spools each month from 1.5 inch scraps in the color of the month. I've been making spools for several years.
As I made spools I kept them in little baggies separated by color so I could try to make sure I wasn't heavy on one color and light on others.
When it came time to assemble the top I threw all of the spools into a paper grocery sack and shook and shook and shook it to separated all of those spools out of their color stacks.
Then I reached into the sack a few times and pulled out a few handfuls at a time to sew into 29 rows 27 spools long. And then I cut all of those rows apart and sewed them together into panels of 4 rows. And then the yucky part...I ironed the rows twirling the seams where the spools meet so the quilt would not have little bumps at each juncture. I'd like to say that was a waste of time but it really made a difference and the top doesn't have little seam bumps now.
This is the type of quilt I like...one with LOTS of little pieces of fabric, one that fits on a bed, one that looks sort of vintage, one that I could just look at all day and smile.
I spy three different cupcake fabrics, some chicks, a whale, oranges, apples, tomatoes...
So now it is time to link up with Elm Street Quilts for the Nov. Finish Party
ScrapHappy Saturday (where it all started - as an RSC project)