Friday, September 16, 2016

When It Is Too Hot to Hand Quilt Sometimes I Crochet

My eleven year old granddaughters (soon to be 12) love hats. So for Christmas I thought I would crochet them up a bunch of different hats.   I had the girls look through the pattern book and pick out a favorite (but I didn't tell them I would actually make them their favs).   This was Kayla's favorite - bear cub beanie.   I previously posted a finish for Isabelle's choice called Pixie Hood. 


I'm going to make another one of these so each of the girls gets one. 


And I need to make another one of these so each girl gets one.  I like the granny squares around the rim but I didn't like making so many of those darned little things. 


They each get a Cabled Beanie. I'm shocked I actually made the cable turn out because I had a difficult time understanding the directions.  While the directions were fresh in my mind I decided to start right in on the second one. 


All of the patterns were found in this book. 

I supposed I had better make my grandson a couple of hats too.  I know he will be jealous of theirs!! 

4 comments:

gayle said...

Those are some pretty snazzy hats! (And I was hoping you'd spill the beans on the book's title! Thanks!)

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

so many hats - I wish I looked good in hats but I don't and I do like them

Kaja said...

I love a good beanie! I may look a bit daft sometimes but as long as my ears are warm I don't care.

Janie said...

Beautiful work, they turned out super!