Sunday, November 30, 2014

Soon I'll Be Covered in Chocolate


I've finished all of the "quilting" on my Crazy Cravings lap quilt. 
So today I hope to add the binding and finish this up.



Normally I think crazy quilts are tied. And I don't think they have batting.  But I actually quilted this with a running stitch here and there throughout the quilt. 


I've tried to make the running stitch part of the quilt by stitching around cupcakes and donuts which makes them stand out and puff up a little. 

Sometimes I stitched in the ditch under the seam treatment or I added a row of running stitch to the embroidery, or I stitched around a cupcake or I stitched on top of embroidery that was already there. 


I wish I could show the texture the stitching adds to the quilt. 



This is all hand pieced, embroidered and quilted.  In fact, the only time I've used the sewing machine for this is to sew the blocks together.   And I'll use the machine today to add the binding to the front but I'll hand stitch it to the back. 

And soon I will cover myself in chocolate. 

if you are working on something by hand.

10 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

And no calories!!! Have fun stitching today.

deb @ frugal little bungalow said...

This has been such a fun quilt to watch your progress on! I just love it :)

Jeanne said...

A delicious quilt! Do you have a theme planned for next year?

Julierose said...

lovely finish--love those cupcakes...and that is a whole lot of stitching both quilting and embroidery...this is an heirloom...lovely Hugs, Julierose

Karen in Breezy Point said...

What a fun crazy quilt--it's making me hungry though-lol!

Jo said...

It truly is a fun crazy quilt

CathieJ said...

Ack! I'm on a diet and your quilt is making me really hungry. It is so beautiful.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Looks so Yummy!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Love!!! ( ps - a box has arrived)

Quilter Kathy said...

Such a fantastic quilt! I have truly enjoyed watching it's development. It's a one of a kind treasure!