Monday, November 10, 2014

Peeping into Cat House Windows


I'm making a large cat house quilt and have two buildings out of four completed. 


I made  Little Windows quilt blocks.  It was August's Block Lotto block. 


For some strange unknown reason I've always had a large stash of cat fabrics. 
And then I won some more from Sally at Objects of Design. 
I decided it was time to do something with the cats. 

"Cat Houses" with some tongue-in-cheek words of advice from mom on the back will go to my youngest -confirmed -bachelor- and- longtime - lover- of -cats son for Christmas. 

(No spoiler here. No one in my family even knows I have a blog. )



Ok, this is the bottom floor, rear windows. Get it? (Groan). 

This is kind of draped on my mountain of batting that needs to be pieced - my makeshift design wall for this until I make a molehill out of that mountain. 


9 comments:

Julierose said...

Oh so cute! I love your sense of humor in your quilts. hugs, Julierose

sophie said...

Love this! I have an idea for a quilt made from the windows blocks, too ... but no where as clever and punny as yours :-)

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Bwahh haa haa - that;s funny!! And how does no one know you have a blog - I love it!

Nann said...

What fun!

Andee said...

All cat lovers will love this! :) too cute!

Terri said...

Love your tongue in cheek quilt. Lots of fun for your son.
Hugs

Cathy said...

What a clever idea!! I totally love it. Rear window, hehe. Besides being clever, you are also prolific. You are one of my heroines!! Hugsxxxx Cathy

The Quilting Elf said...

Hilarious "hidden" joke - gotta love the bottom floor!
Kathy T. in Tampa

Scooquilt said...

This is great, bad puns and all! I am going to totally steal this idea for my cat fabrics and related brights, thank you!