51 x 63
Another UFO is finished.
Pink and Black Sampler
Blocks swapped in 2010
My August goal for A Lovely Year of Finishes (#21 at the goal setting party) was to at least get a top made from those swapped blocks.
Surprise! Surprise! I finished the entire quilt.
(I was on a staycation last week - gardening, canning, sewing, cleaning- and got a list of things completed! )
I free motion quilted some flowers of light pink thread in each square on my Plain Jane Janome.
And I practiced some circles in the center of the flowers (because I want to do some circles/snowballs on an upcoming quilt) and I like how they puffed up after a trip through the washer and dryer.
For the backing I had an old piece of pink and black roses fabric in my stash but it was not enough so I added some ballerina fabric I had on hand.