Sunday, April 21, 2013

I'm Hoping I Get It Together One of These Days Soon


I like making quilt blocks but don't necessarily like sewing them all together.

Today my goal is to work on getting it together.  First up are my 30 Puss In Corner blocks for a charity quilt challenge. Layout will be 5x6. I used up my purple scraps for the 6 inch centers. See Hands2Help link on the sidebar about this challenge.

Second project I hope to get sewn together today or this week ( if I'm not working too much overtime again this week) are my depression blocks that have been lingering for years in a UFO box.  This queen-sized quilt will stay around here should a family occasion arise where a quilt is needed.

4 comments:

Carol E. said...

I'm the same way: love making blocks. Then I put them on the design wall and play. When I get a design I like, I stop. Sewing a row together is OK, but boring. Sewing the rows into a full top is just too boring. I have to force myself. And then there is the finising. Ugh.. definitely the creative process is the most fun! I love that old UFO that will be a family "just in case" quilt!

Julierose said...

I feel the same way, too! Something about all those seams to cross and not get caught the wrong way up, I guess!! (LOL) I think your purples are just lovely. Am thinking of a simple "coin" quilt for my new granddaughter due end of August..at least no "blocks" there (hahaha)have a great week hugs, Julierose

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Depression blocks are one of my favorites... yours are wonderful!

Sarah said...

I know exactly what you mean! I love the fabric and I love making the blocks but actually putting it together can be a bit of a chore but when I do finally do finish it i generally love it. So go for it!