Saturday, April 6, 2013

Going Green

 Green is the color of the month for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  So, I dug in my green scrap bag and pulled out the smallest of scraps...
 I first sorted all the 2.5 inch bits and pieces and sewed them into a chain. I then took some of the other odd sized bits and pieces and sewed them into 4.5 inch crumb blocks.

The 2.5 inch chain was then combined with muslin to make 2.5 inch HSTs.
And I then combined them into six inch bear track blocks and then sewed 4-6 inch blocks together to make 12 inch blocks.   I have plenty of green scraps so I think I'll get another donation quilt made of all the green scraps!  It's my own challenge to see how many donation quilts I can make from my scraps. 

To see what everyone else is doing with their green scraps visit the Scrap Happy Saturday linky party at soscrappy.   

15 comments:

Sheila said...

WOW! Great scrappy green blocks. I love watching you play with your scraps each week.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

This is my kind of scrap play fun!! Super blocks - you make me want to go grab my scrap tote - but priorities.

Karen said...

Your green blocks are very interesting. I look forward to seeing the finished quilt.

Julierose said...

WOW--you have been busy! Great looking blocks--so pretty--Julierose

make.share.give said...

Cool blocks. Love the little spiders on lime.

Candace said...

Great blocks, and for such a good cause.

scraphappy said...

What a fun block. Looks like it will make a great quilt when you are done. Amazing how far our scraps stretch.

Sarah said...

Your green scrappy quilt is going to look amazing!

Sarah said...

Your green scrappy quilt is going to look amazing!

Angie said...

Wow - you really have an amazing assortment of green scraps! What a fun way to put all those scraps to use!

Anonymous said...

Fast tгack online eduсation aгe the iԁeal chanсe for
peoplе who are ωorking ог those who hаve toddleгs to look after that restгicts
them from cοntinuously going away off their houѕe.
'Ni hao' sаid а Chineѕe gігl with an Indian girl whо аsked her how you can ѕaу' How are you. The degrees the following are only some examples that signify the various graduate-level products now remaining provided by the university:.

Here is my website; Www.Serialclubbers.Com/Blogs/13506/8429/Swift-Systems-In-Financial-Manag

Deb A said...

Wow! I never thought to make strip and then use that for HST's. Great idea. I love how your quilt is coming together. It is amazing how such tiny pieces of fabric can make a wonderful quilt.

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Wow! I love this post... such a whirlwind of green goodness! Your top looks fantastic.

Edith said...

Wow - seems to be the comment of the day and I agree! Very impressed with your use of green scraps.

Cathy Tomm said...

Great blocks. I love the way the large part of the bears paw is pieced all scrappy.