Sunday, February 7, 2010

Small Stuff


I told someone the other day that I don't sweat the small stuff. I think maybe I do even though I say I don't. At any rate, I recently completed some small stuff as follows:
I made a winter biscornu for a pincushion swap but when partners were drawn I saw my partner wanted some "citrus accents" which prompted me to go through my stash and find some citrus items. I will send her both pincushions now.
Same yahoo group has a potholder swap going on. My partner has no preferences so I looked though my 30 scraps and came up with a pinwheel on front and small squares on back. I love 30s reproduction fabrics. They remind me of my grandma's quilts and make me smile. Hope my partner enjoys.



I completed this pansy pillow. Pansies and roses are two of the favorite flowers I grow in my gardens. This is made of rather bright fabrics I wouldn't have chosen but since I found the whole kit  (except for stuffing) for 65 cents at the thrift store I thought I would go ahead and buy it and make it. I haven't decided if I should add it to my Christmas present staff or keep it myself.



And finally, the Feb. fabric postcards for my granddaughters. I send them from "secret admirer" and they still, at age 5, haven't figured out who that might be. On the back I have written a quote from Braveheart (my favorite movie) - "Your heart is free, have the courage to follow it."

No comments: