More Than Three Sheets to the Wind
84 x 96
I used pattern instructions found in The Best of Fons and Porter: Scrap Quilts I used mostly light colored long string scraps that were leftover trimmings from quilt backings - most of them sheets. (Now you know how the quilt got it's name). This is the second quilt I've made from the pattern. The first had a navy background and I used long bright strings.
I didn't worry if I had enough of the same strings in the same sizes to make the stars symmetrical. I think that is what makes it look rather vintage to me. I made do with what I had.
I hand quilted it with perle #8. I didn't mark it -I just quilted.
I really enjoyed working on this a little each evening. While I had visitors here for the holidays I would sometimes sit and quilt while talking but if there was any game playing I dropped the quilting and joined in the games. We are a big game playing family.
I used a soft pink 100% silky cotton pink sheet from the thrift store on the back. And the hand quilting made for some interesting designs on the back. Sorry I couldn't get a better picture. By the time I took the pic of the back my camera lens was fogging up.
The binding was a piece of pink Kona I had leftover from making the granddaughters some shorts about 7 years ago or so when their favorite color was pink.