In March I made a kaleidoscope of butterflies.
I've been making butterflies (or moths) out of floral fabrics leftover from another project but ran out of those florals so looked for some other florals in my stash. I didn't realize so many of my florals were from the dark side.
I modified the Wing It pattern so I could use 3.5 and 4.5 inch scraps and made some red butterflies to join their purple friends.
I used red waste triangles to make some four inch butterfly blocks.
And I made one orange paper pieced butterfly because I was one short when I went to assemble my Old MacDonald Farm Sampler earlier in the week. I don't enjoy paper piecing - I sew pieces together incorrectly with wrong side up or in the wrong direction or I cut pieces too short (see upper left wing for example where I had to patch the poor butterfly up).
In other SOWING news -
No real butterflies here yet but I have started my flower seeds in baggies on the deck.
I always use the Wintersown.org baggie method to start a lot of my flowers each year.
See the seed lists for seeds that are best for "winter sowing" and give it a try.