Monday, April 10, 2017

Jack's Chain #2



I've been slowly, slowly working on my Jack's Chain quilt.  This is my second one and in a completely different colorway from the first which was brights on navy background.  That one a wedding quilt for my grandson and is in the hope chest . It won't be needed for awhile. He's only 9. This one is a little bigger too.   


This is the width I want but it is only about half as long as I want it. 



As you can see...this takes lots and lots and lots and oodles  and oodles of little 3 inch nine patches. 


I've been using little nine patches that are on the darker side as values may go. 


I'm getting low on little nine patches now and would be willing to swap with anyone who is interested.  I'm trying to avoid a lot of duplicate patches in my quilt.  I do swap three times a year with an online group but use the little darlings almost as soon as I get them.  



If you are interested in swapping see the tab I just added to the header of this blog -

HELP WANTED! (39P swap)


Lots of scraps going into this quilt!
Other scrap projects: Scraptastic Tuesday

New linky party:
Sew, Stitch, Snap, Share






18 comments:

Ariane said...

It looks beautiful so far! I hope you keep this one. It's going to be amazing!

gayle said...

I love your Jack's Chains - both of them!
I'll probably be interested in swapping nine patches. First though, I'm going to need to cut a lot of 1.5" strips in the near future - in my straightening efforts, I've discovered that I've used up most of what I'd had on hand. Can't have that!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that is a very neat pattern - great way to use up scraps

em's scrapbag said...

This is awesome! Love how scrappy it is!

Mystic Quilter said...

It's a beauty and if it's only half the size presently what will the measurements be when completed?

Linda said...

Love your tiny 9 patches. Thanks for the tutorial. Such a lot of work in this quilt, awesome, in the true sense of the word!

Emily said...

That is a work of art!

The Joyful Quilter said...

It's AMAZING how different this is from your other one!! Off to check out your swap page...

Monica said...

This is such an impressive pattern, and it's looking really good! Good luck with the swap!

Karen in Breezy Point said...

I love this pattern! I'm amazed that it's your second one--looks wonderful!

Janie said...

Oodles and oodles of nine patches!
I love nine patches. That's an interesting pattern too.
Thanks for sharing, I 'm looking forward to seeing more
of it.

Nicky said...

It looks amazing and I hope you find some swappers! Thank you for linking up to #scraptastictuesday

Susan said...

That is one spectacular quilt!

Leeanne said...

Impressive!

Julie said...

Wow - this is amazing, so much work. How big would a block be>
Thanks for linking up t our first Sew, Stitch, Snap, Share linky too.

Lisa said...

What a beautiful idea and a clever way to make the quilt over time. It's a wonder pattern with the way it creates circles and has such movement. What a lucky Grandson.

Kaja said...

I love how the colours work in this version - it's got a great, slightly vintage feel to it.

Raewyn said...

Such a spectacular looking quilt!! I'll have to do a search of your blog and find your first one. I have started this quilt but put it away while I decided on my fabric choices :-) I love that you are making it for a future wedding!