Saturday, April 29, 2017

Confetti Waves


Confetti Waves
16 inch blocks using waste triangles and 2.5 inch squares of red.
I sew them together in an Ocean Waves configuration substituting squares with waste triangles for HSTs.   I think I want 25 blocks and I think I am half way there now but it looks like I'm out of this shade of red solid but have a couple of  other pieces of different shades of red.  So that will have to do. 


This box is only part of the waste triangles. I have a small plastic bag of them too. Good thing I have a couple of projects going that use these. 

We are to use our multicolored scraps this month for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  In previous weeks I've used scraps that have lots of colors in them (multicolored) . This week I'm using lots of colors of scraps (multi-colors) in a block. 

10 comments:

Julierose said...

Love how you use even the tiniest pieces (I hate to think of all those triangles I THREW OUT!!egad!!;000)
I am saving them now--I love how you are using these with the rich red--I have solids and almost never use them --I will be finding a way to use them. You are so creative..hugs, Julierose

Ariane said...

I love these blocks!!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those are great blocks! I don't think you'll run out of waste triangles anytime soon!

Cathy said...

You are so impressive, using every little bit. The red squares are so striking! I have changed tactics - although I still save all my waste triangles, those that come from squares of 2.5” or smaller now go into the stuffing bag. Still used, but easier on me.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

great use of your tiny bits!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

I love the direction you are taking with this quilt. That red background is the best!

Janie said...

Bright and happy, good progress!

gayle said...

Your Confetti Waves is such a cool idea! Love the spin you've put on a traditional block!

Sharyn Mallow Woerz said...

confetti waves. brilliant. I'm doing the 365 challenge this year and there are lots of covered corner cutaways. A great leader ender project, thank you.

margaret said...

what a great way to use up those triangles