Friday, May 15, 2015

I Love Cherry Pie: The Flimsy


 "I Love Cherry Pie" (aka Flowering Snowball in Cherry Themed Fabrics and cherry pie colors) is now a flimsy.   And, oooops...I made it way bigger than I thought it was going to be.  It measures about 99 x 110 - King-sized, not Queen-sized.   So, now the backing I had planned will have to be pieced, I will have to buy a King-sized batting or piece some scraps on to the Queen-sized one I  bought. 


I'm going to big stitch hand quilt it with red perle #8.   I don't know when...it seems to be cool these days but will get warm soon and I don't have air conditioning at home. 


And it's kind of weird how random sewing sometimes ends up kind of un- random looking.    I don't have a design wall so I just pretty much grabbed and sewed.  

Partying at: 


18 comments:

Ramona said...

Great, great quilt!! Fun fabrics, great colors and design!! Love this quilt.

gayle said...

I love Cherry Pie, too, specifically that quilt! As a matter of fact, you just keep making quilts that make me want to grab and hug them...

Podunk Pretties said...

Super sweet, super YUMMY! Need me a piece of that cherry pie! As a fellow cherry obsessed quilter I must say you have some cherry fabrics I've not seen. Lovely quilt. Can't wait to see it after you throw on some whip topping(stitches).

Karen in Breezy Point said...

I love it--great way to use your cherry prints!

Micki @ 2 Dogs Studio said...

how fun...nice and bright. turned out great. micki@2dogsstudio.us

Sally T said...

What a wonderful quilt top. I love seeing all the blocks and then presto, change-o...it's all sewn together with a whole new personality.

Mystic Quilter said...

Beautiful - reminds me of a stained glass window.

desertskyquilts said...

I love the finished top! Wonderful color distribution and with the sunlight coming through it, even better!

Maartje Quilt said...

I love this quilt su much. Lovely colors and fabrics!!! A beauty!!

audrey said...

Love the darker areas in the quilt. It's a fabulous quilt!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Another beauty you really get them done! Love your use of color in this one!

Mary Maloney said...

I just subscribed to your blog and I am so glad that I did so. I love your taste in color and patterns! I'm not quite at your level of skill but I'm pushing myself.

Dasha said...

What a hoot! You made it bigger than you intended. By the time I have pieced about half a quilt I am so over it, I usually end up making is smaller than intended. Its looking great there, and has a lovely secondary circle design.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Love!!!!

Absolutely wonderful ...

B DeGayner said...

I love the energy of this quilt! I am going to have to do something scrappy with red backgrounds. Quilts like yours are so inspirational!

Julianne said...

I tend to LOVE all your quilts, your style is so great! I wish we could sew together! I know we would have fun!

Sue Daurio said...

wow Cherry Pie is amazing, just love the brightness and the movement of this quilt. Beautiful

A Nudge said...

That's an amazing quilt. The colors are wonderful together for a quilt you just picked up and sewed two together. Love it. Thanks for linking to WIPs Be Gone.