Monday, December 18, 2023

Bookmarked

I was looking at bookmarks sticking out of a few quilting books. 

Then I decided to do more than look and to make. So now I have a few new starts.

Blueberry Farm from Scrappy Firework Quilts by Edyta Sitar.

Mine might have to be called Strawberry Farm. I'm making mine with browns and pinks and have sewn about half of the strip sets required. 

Twilight Flock
From From the Cover (Quilter's Newsletter Magazine Editors and Contributors)

I did a few sample blocks with scrap I had laying near the sewing machine.

This will be a new Rainbow Scrap Challenge (RSC) project using dark scraps. 

Fanciful Flowers
From Material Obsession by Kathy Doughty and Sarah Fielke

Freezer paper applique ready for one block A.

Shiloh
From Best of Fons & Porter Scrap Quilts

My quilt will be in reds, whites and blues. I've been working on 25 blocks and have a couple of rounds completed. 

December has been a month of a lot of new starts for me. I have finished 76 quilts this year (a lot of them donation quilts and a few of them hand quilted) and busted a tiny bit over 400 yards of fabric so I guess I'm entitled to a few new starts! 


And sew on...

 

15 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

You are amazing. Talented, persevering, and creative putting together disparate fabric scraps- you've got it all! 76. Oh my.

Jenny said...

There's no stopping you! Great idea to have new quilt plans for 2024.

Julierose said...

Nice new projects for 2024--great start on all of them...I will enjoy seeing them all worked on hugs, Julierose

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Super selection of new starts, love them all! I have a few 'fanciful flowers' blocks made from years ago LOL... never finished!

Chantal said...

Oh! My! Sweet humble pie! 76 quilts in one year is a flabbergasting achievement. You deserve a ribbon AND a trophy for that! Bravo. Twilight Flock looks like a Chaser quilt but with geese. I am playing with a similar block but the geese are framed on all sides. I intended to do a child quilt with lots of colours. I'm in love with Fanciful Flowers. It will be fun to see all your newest projects grow next year. Enjoy! ;^)

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That is an amazing number of finishes and an equally amazing number of yards used. All of that and some time out sessions to care for your husband. I think you have earned the SuperWoman of the Year award.

mangozz said...

76 finishes! I won't finish that many no matter how long I live! You ought to be in the Guineas Book of World Records.

Nann said...

I'll be tuning in to see your projects for 2024 -- and cheering you on!

Julie in GA said...

Finishing 76 quilts in a year is an amazing accomplishment! Your quilting benefits so many other people. Will you set similar monthly themes again next year? Enjoy your new projects!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Your fanciful flowers are bound to be more than fanciful! And major kudos to you for your accomplishments this year (despite so many challenges). SO many completed quilts - I am in awe.

Anonymous said...

76 quilts in one year! That's gotta be a record somewhere. I am wondering if you are actually a test robot experiment ! Lol. Is your goal to surpass that number next year? Amazing

Ann said...

So many pretty quilts! I like Fanciful Flowers, probably because I'm working on Audrey's QAL. Your stash is still going strong.
Merry Christmas.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Hi Cathy, delightful group of quilts to be here in this post. I love them all. Second the browns and pinks choice too. Happy Stitching!

gayle said...

You deserve to start as many new quilts as you like! In fact - what are you doing sitting there reading this? Go start another quilt!

Gretchen Weaver said...

You're going to have some beautiful quilts!