Wednesday, October 4, 2023

It's A Top! Orphan Horatio

Orphan Horatio
It's a top!
40 x 48

A long time ago someone gave me a bag of parts - 4.5 x 12.5 Brick and Stone blocks.  There's probably enough parts for two kiddo sized quilts.  A long time ago I divided them into two piles and started sewing the blocks together but before I got very far I noticed that not all of the Stones were 4.5 x 4.5 squares. So...I put all of the Bricks and Stones back in the bag to deal with another day. I guess Another Day finally arrived. 

I added a 1 inch strip of fabric to all the Stones that were short and then sewed the Brick and Stone blocks together. 

Not sure when I will get to Brick and Stone quilt #2. 

And sew on...

 

5 comments:

Linda said...

Well done for persevering with this bag of blocks. Good idea to make all the smaller blocks up to the same size.

gayle said...

Good save on those short stones! You made Horatio a happy hero!

Ann said...

You always help these children and this is another beautiful example. You're the best, Cathy.

Jenny said...

Who knows how many more orphans you will be liberating at your house? Guess I'll just have to wait and see, but I'm sure there are many more hiding away in bags and boxes.

Nann said...

That is certainly an eclectic assortment. Good rescue!