Saturday, October 22, 2022

October Green Scraps Part III

Little Chips
3 inch finished. 

I'm working with green scraps this month. There's always a lot of green scraps. 

The Little Chips are made with 2.5 inch centers and two white on black 2.5 inch squares cut on the diagonal. Then they are trimmed to 3.5 inches. I have quite a stack of them but have not counted them yet. I'm sure I will continue making these next year. I'm aiming for a big quilt.




Monkey Wrench
10.5 inch finished

Still working with 2.5 inch green scraps...I cut any pieces long enough into four squares.   Then I dug into the green 4.5 inch width scraps and made a few HSTs to go with the green squares.  I'm also going to be making these next year and at year end 2023 will see how many donation quilts I can make with the blocks. 

I made a few Windmill blocks with 4.5 inch scraps. These finish at 8 inches and if I make a couple more blocks I will have enough of them now for a kiddo donation quilt.   I also made a couple of Broken Dishes blocks that finish at 8 inches just because...

And sew on...


 

10 comments:

Julierose said...

Neat green blocks you have going--love those little chips!! hugs, Julierose

Deb A said...

Those chips are adorable... and make me want potato chips! Always such fun scrappy blocks hanging out in your sewing room. Have a good weekend.

sue s said...

These are all wonderful blocks. As green/aqua are favorite colors I love all you've made here!

Linda said...

Lovely blocks. Your stacks of each type must be growing fast.

Gwyned Trefethen said...

What a great idea to make some RSC blocks this year and more of the same pattern the next until you have enough for a quilt. Those polka dots really show off the green scraps well.

Mystic Quilter said...

I'm grouping comments here on your past few posts - I've been very lax with my reading of late. You have a great mix of green in this post and I'm very interested in the Windmill blocks, such good idea for our strips. Bear Paw - love this, many years since I made a small version, again such a good block for our scraps. I see you are still busy with Soul Searching and now on to other colours, you always amaze me with your eclectic quilts.

Jenny said...

Lots to see here, especially love those little chips blocks. That made me laugh, making a couple of other blocks.... just because! And why not.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Such variety of shades in these GREEN blocks for the RSC!!

Jan said...

A nice group of blocks and the colours in these blocks are just lovely together.

Pamela Arbour said...

Love them all. That sounds like a great plan.