Monday, October 10, 2022

A New Top! Soul Searching in the Rose Garden

It's a flimsy!
Soul Searching in the Rose Garden
84 x 84

I started this last month. I used rose prints in reds and dark pinks as well as...

...neutral rose prints.  A lot of the fabrics were scraps or small pieces. Now most of my reds and dark pink roses have been used up except for a lot of small bits and pieces. I do still have other colors of rose prints and some yardage to use for backings for all the rose print tops I need to get quilted. 

The inspiration came from the book Making Quilts by Kathy Doughty. Her Soul Searching quilt is 84 inches wide and 72 inches long. I added 3 rows at the top and bottom so I could have a square quilt that will fit on the double bed in the guest bedroom - the Rose Room. 

While I was outside taking pictures of my new quilt top this morning on this brisk Autumn day I thought I would also meander through the garden and take some photos of the roses I still have in bloom. 









Have a wonderful day!

And sew on...

 

12 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

perfect name for such a pretty quilt!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's so pretty, Cathy! I love seeing all your rose prints. And your live roses, too - still beautiful even in October!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

It's so nice to have a lot of late bloomers before the frost gets them. It makes it feel like summer lasted a little longer.
The quilt is really pretty. The bonus is all of the roses to look at in the prints.

Cathy said...

Oh my, that flimsy is so beautiful!! I’m a big rose fan too, and I love it when we (you in this case) indulge ourselves my making rosy quilts for ourselves! I’m so glad you have a personal use for it! Thinking of you this week!!

Mystic Quilter said...

Oh those gorgeous roses - perfect match with your Soul Searching top, it's a winner!

Quilter Kathy said...

A beautiful rose quilt! And the photos are beautiful too!

mangozz said...

Those beautiful floral fabrics!! I wish that I had such a selection!

Quiltdivajulie said...

I really like this one - the real roses and the colors in the scrappy rosy top.

Sandy Panagos said...

Beautiful roses, gorgeous quilt!

bookworm said...

Beautiful quilt! I saw your posts on the Soul Searching quilts and looked up the pattern on the internet. I was very happy to see it’s by Kathy Doughty and I have that book! Making Quilts has so many interesting quilt patterns.

Nann said...

It's a lovely quilt and a great block design. I especially like seeing the variety of light/neutral prints. As I've said, those are always the hardest for me.

audrey said...

Oh Cathy, this quilt top is a gem! Love all the sweet fabrics sewn up into this one!